hmm...my plans to really rest and relax after quitting don't seem to be panning out well! I've taken on quite a few freelance assignments from the dept I worked for, plus a friend recommended another freelance project. I don't want to turn them down cos number one, I wanna earn money, and number two, I don't wanna burn bridges. I mean, it's not always you're in such demand!
Sigh...wish I could have had more time to nuah though, tan at the beach, walk around interesting spots in Singapore to take pictures, practise my piano/guitar, try writing a few songs...
Well, I guess I could do that in the next year, since my lessons are gonna be at night. Actually, was pretty disappointed with the too-few subjects offered for my grad diploma. Feel kinda cheated actually.
There was a master list with more than 30 modules available and I had been eyeing a certain few. But some won't be offered at all in the year that I'm studying cos they can't find enough teachers! Irritated. So I've to make some changes to my plans.
Leo and an ex-colleague suggested I look through some of the undergrad modules and "audit" them. So this means I'll just attend classes for knowledge, but I won't take the exam. Haha, this sounds so Reading Lolita in Tehran: auditing classes! (Right olduvai and dsd?) Well, I'm thinking of attending lectures for one such module.
So, the plan for this coming semester is to read four modules (one of them the audit one), and write my professional paper (the thesis), all while freelancing. This will keep me busy for a bit I hope! Even though I'm taking more than the required number of modules, I don't mind, cos I really wanna learn as much as possible!
Eh wait, I actually want to rest and relax too! Ahh...it's time for a proper timetable :)
Monday, July 25, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
'auditing' sounds fun!
If you happen to chance upon any lectures by Prof Susan Ang and Prof Patke, try to sit in if possible, just for fun. They do a combined module every AY on Sci-Fi and Fantasy, and just sitting in on ONE lecture can be a big eye opener.
I think that's the class I miss the most... :|
yah, auditing sounds fun! Definitely should do it!
Post a Comment