I asked leo last night whether I should take part in a biathlon. Err...well...so that I would have some kind of goal while attempting to exercise. And he asked if there was a sleep-and-watch-tv biathlon, cos if both of us formed a team, we would win hands-down. Heh. I sleep and he goes on his TV marathon. The dream team.
That led me to wonder why my weekends are never packed with so-called "interesting" activities. Actually I asked myself this question two days back when I read Olduvai's and dsd's blogs on their very purpose-driven weekends. Chilling out at pubs, trying out new restaurants, tennis, movies, what have you...
Asked my colleagues this question at lunch too: Are your weekends purpose-driven? Is the decision to have an activity-filled weekend dependent on whether you are attached, or on your character? I think I (as pointed out by J at lunch) came to the conclusion that I'm basically a nuah-ster. The sassy slumbering girl.
*makes a kah-waaa-iiiiii pose at the neoprint booth*
I wake up on saturdays knowing only for sure that I have cell group at 4pm. Before that, I'll read the papers, watch some Taiwanese variety programme on cable, and then eat lunch. And before I know it, it's time for cell group.
I think it also helps that leo himself is pretty much a nuah-ster like myself. Well, actually, he's more game to go out - with anybody, at anytime, anywhere. But cos he's pretty busy on weekdays with work, he and I end up lazing around during the weekends. Like last Sunday, we watched Discovery on cable, went to compasspoint for lunch, draw money, came home to watch Bleach (anime) on my pc etc...
Uhm, and I think we watched like our third movie of the year last night - Initial D. (ooo....Shawn Yue and Edison Chen are sooooo cute!!!!)
Seriously, what do the both of us do as a couple when we hang out? I don't know!!! He tells his friends that we don't do the usual couple things like watch movies, try out new restaurants bla bla...But somehow we both find hanging out together still very fun, even after more than three years of doing so :) And of cos all the guys will say 'how good, your girlfriend is so low-maintenance'. I don't know, really!
*******************************
On a separate note, I'm now at work and I totally don't feel like doing an interview later. Why can't I spend my last days at work in the office, just writing away??? Four more work days to freedom....
Wednesday, July 13, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
alamak, what purpose-driven weekends? haha!
of cos they are purpose-driven! haha. there's always some objective set out for the day!
wynne - wkends must be v.purpose-driven meh? wkends are for REST and RECUPERATION so that you can REJUVENATE and REFRESH for the next work week!!!! heheeh....enjoy your nua-ing days okay...happy can already... :)
yah man...what purpose-driven weekends??? I mean, your kind of chill out and relax weekend is good too! As your friend wynne says...what's most important is that you're happy!
hahaha ok. wah, rest, recuperation, rejuvenate, refresh....goodness...
Post a Comment