It was the embrace that startled me.
Then it was the mother's tears that made me cry.
In that freeze frame when she hugged me, it was more than gratitude I felt.
And I'm trying to find out why.
With tears in her eyes, she said "I couldn't have done it without you", but it was still more than gratitude I felt.
And I still don't know what, don't know why, don't know how.
But I felt completely overwhelmed.
I went in fearful, apprehensive and anxious.
It was that all too familiar heart beating so fast. So fast.
I had my script, with help from her daughter.
But I was still fearful to break the news from her daughter.
My across-the-aisle neighbour told me to hold my heart and breathe deep, and to get a glass of warm water.
I had already done that, not with water but with hot tea.
But I was still fearful.
It could be the general association with his suicide.
I'm still trying to find out.
But the incredible thing is, I went in fearful and came out connected.
It's like someone reached into my heart and gently pressed the cry button.
I just felt like crying.
I am crying.
It's just so deep.
I can't explain it.
I hope I can.
Thursday, September 27, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
that's really emotive dawn. is it real life experience?
uhm yes :)
hey by the way chole's mummy, can you somehow add me as your friend or something on live journal? cos i wanna add comments on your blog but can't! :(
Post a Comment