Saturday, March 25, 2006

My music

I have been having a terrible week. Decided to gather all the past songs that I've written, listen to them, laugh at myself, reflect about stuff, and basically, just to make myself happy. And I'm happy.

Year 2002 was the year (and the only year) I started penning my thoughts into melodies. For two reasons. First, I always believe that one has to be sad to write songs. And I was sad - after my first breakup. I've stopped writing ever since, because I got happy when I met leo :) Second, Talented James Porn was egging me on to try recording songs on my computer. If not for his persistence, I wouldn't even have attempted to open the recording software. Nice James Porn even let me use his condenser mike for one of the songs. Haha.

I still cringe a bit when listening to my songs. But still proud of myself lah. They were mostly done on first takes, excepts those that had harmonies. My guitar-playing skills not fantastic, so can hear lots of mistakes. Rhythm sometimes not zhun, and pitching also not perfect. Plus got sound distortions. Ewww....But they are songs that really made me happy. Heh.

I have uploaded the songs to my Multiply site. For keepsake's.

The following is my favourite, when I first learnt jazz guitar chords. I purposely wrote a song to suit the jazz chords. It is titled "roughjazz (love is like)" on my Multiply site.

Love is like

Love is like cotton candy floss
A ball of fluff, like a pink cloud in the sky
You can’t miss it, but it feels like it’s not there
Oh…love, funny love

Love is like a sundress in the wind
Littered paper sweeping to and fro in the gusts
No mind of its own but it feels at home this way
Oh…love, funny love

Love is cruel, kind, perfect, imperfect
Say all you want, you’ll always be right
Oh love, oh darn
You’ve fallen for it
And fallen in it

Love is something you can say you don’t want
But it gets to you eventually
Oh love, oh darn
You’ve fallen for it
And fallen in it

3 comments:

alixana said...

Cool!

Can I send one of them to Dr K? He has been nagging at me since forever to get you to play one of your songs for me :) think he'll enjoy hearing some of your songs again =)

Dawn said...

aime: alamak...uhm...i guess you could direct him to my multiply site :) but tell him don't expect too much hor...cos they are so raw!!

alixana said...

Hehe... Thanks!

He was just saying yesterday that he needs inspiration... ha :)