My exams finish end-April. Time to look for a job. Sigh...
I'm having trouble answering the people who are asking me what I'm going to do next. Because I'm not so sure myself. So in the last few weeks I've been thinking and thinking. Seems like thinking is what I do best in!
And I think, I would like to work with children and their families. Not youths, but primary school children. Oldest probably sec 1 to sec 2 types. Older than that and I need to deal with more issues apart from familial ones, such as sexuality and peer group pressure. Headache lah.
Not too young, because I want to be able to carry on a decent conversation with them at least. When working with children, I also have to work with their parents, because ultimately many times parenting shapes what these children become. Why children? I love them! And I think I can relate to the primary school age group pretty ok.
So....children who've witnessed domestic violence? Children from single-parent families? Something like that.
Through the short experience during my practicum, which is ending soon, I've been fascinated by how children can communicate their deepest feelings through drawings and other hands-on activities. I think, if I really do get a job dealing with this target audience, it will be really fun learning all the different techniques to get children to articulate their thoughts and feelings.
I did wonder, before I started my one-year course, whether I should go into geriatrics because of my experience with mr jai. But I think, I might not have the patience to listen to story after story that old people love telling! :) And anyway, children were my first love.
And so, the job search starts.
Tuesday, March 07, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
good luck!
yeah, good luck from me too!
Post a Comment