Friday, March 10, 2006

puffy eyes, school boys and short hair

That's me and mong, my Hongkong classmate, at Pasir Ris Park yesterday. Spent the entire afternoon chasing after a bunch of sec school boys, filming them complete more than 10 rather physically exhaustive activities. Aim of the programme was to learn about setting goals, and we had to film them for a group project. Tired man. Luckily I wore shorts, T-shirt and flip-flops. If not, body cannot breath ah!!!

Woke up with really puffy eyes in the morning (as you can see in the picture). Have been so tired the whole week, sooooo busy. So my eyes have suffered. Sigh.

It was quite fun observing the boys though. Here, you see them helping to push each other over a wooden wall. They were really funny to watch. Haha. I have other pictures, but I'm too lazy to post them up.

School boys aside, I also wanna talk about my hair. My newly cut hair, which I have to style so that it looks nice.

Today, I was shopping at Cards n Such at Hougang Mall, thinking very hard about some presents I wanted to buy. There was a customer chatting with the cashier while I was mulling over some items. Suddenly the customer said: "Miss, your hair very nice. Very fashion. Where you cut ah?"

Of course at this juncture, I'm feeling very pleased about myself. Haha. Told her the place and she said she also had her hair cut there. She asked for my hairstylist's name and I gave it to her. Then she said: "What you do for work? Are you an air stewardess?"

HALLO! In my whole life, NO ONE has ever thought that I look like an air stewardess CAN??? SIAO AH!!! Ok I admit, I did dress quite nicely today with my quite funky hairdo (I tell you, the hair makes me wanna dress nicely), but hallo??? Air stewardess??? Air stewardess is fair, have long hair and very classy feminine one lor. I'm tanned, have super short hair and err...not very classy.

I don't know if she made that comment to "hook" me, but turns out she wanted to hand me her name card and introduce some beauty products that she sells to me. She's a beautician. Then she asked: "Miss, how about we be friends lah? Can give me your number?"

I said: "Aiyo, don't want lah. I very shy one. Don't want lah." And quickly thought of an excuse to leave the shop.

Well, she was actually quite a nice lady lah. She wasn't pushy, but friendly in a non-intimidating way. I admire her courage man, to make friends just like that! But giving my private number to a stranger is just getting too close for comfort.

I just hope she was genuine about the hair comment. Well, I think she was lah :) Hee.

No comments: