
My tummy feels queasy and I did have to visit the toilet earlier on. I think it's cos I had tonnes of tom yam soup during my steamboat dinner, and later on feasted on the king of all fruit - the Esplanade-lookalike. *Groan* It's kinda like eating fries with chocolate (tho I know some pple find that absolutely appealing.).
I wish I had not returned Anthony Bourdain's A Cook's Tour before blogging this. He had an excellent, most flavourful and damn funny description of the durian, which he as an ang mor tasted in Cambodia. He liked the taste but did not hesitate to say it smelled foul.
In this picture, you see leo's dad sniffing out the good ones from the bad. Leo's family are such regulars at Block 211 Toa Payoh Lorong 8 that the durian stall owners are extremely friendly with them.
****************************
Anyways, thorny fruit aside, I don't know why I'm feeling so melancholic today, and a little lonely. I mean, the bf's back from bangkok and all, so I shouldn't be feeling down? I don't know...think it's a twisted PMS this time - Post-Menstrual Stress. There such a thing? Hope things will brighten up when I wake up. Oh, and that the tom yam and durian combo won't act up again.
3 comments:
must be because your body is too "heaty" lah! Tom yam and durian is a lethal combo!
And oh, i have that description from Bourdain about the durian 'cos i included the quote in my review of the book. Here goes:
"a big green menacingly spiked football--only it exudes an unforgettable, gassy, pungent, decomposing smell".
dsd: yar, that was part of the description. thanks! i was more amazed at the way he compared it to cheese, foie gras...
brings back to mind our conversation abt how pms gets worse the older we grow...haha...hope ur pms goes away soon...else poor leo will be very stressed :) - smiles
Post a Comment