Monday, July 04, 2005

my doc turned out to be....

...the ex-bf of my sec sch friend!!!!

I don't know why these bizarre meetings always happen to me at the most unexpected places and times. I went to see the doc today, expecting to see this Dr L who's always there when I'm there. I open the door and...

S (in doc's chair): D?????????

Me (aka D), looks at him very curiously and finds a tinge of familiarity, and then: err....why do you look so familiar????

S: I'm V's ex-bf!!!!

Ok at this point, a few things go through my head:
1. This guy has lost damn a lot of weight, THAT'S WHY I couldn't recognise him.
2. It must be damn weird for someone to go: yo yo yo, I'm your good friend's ex. yo yo yo, nice to meet you again.

Me (of cos, without thinking, and gushing as usual): OH MY GOSH!!! YOU HAVE LOST SO MUCH WEIGHT!!!!

S: really? Ah...well...I errr...have been working out...going to the gym...taking part in triathlons...

Me: WHY IS THE WHOLE WORLD TAKING PART IN TRIATHLONS??? OH MY GOSH YOU HAVE LOST SO MUCH WEIGHT!!!

(obviously, I forget I'm still exclaiming.)

S (sheepishly): Was I really that fat last time???

Me: (gives some crappy answer that totally doesn't answer his question.)

So anyways, after he gave me an mc, I called V (his ex-gf) after not keeping in touch for soooo long, and I can only laugh into the phone and say: S was my doc!

And then I realise V has quit the law practice, like a few lawyer friends I know and she's working for her dad's consulting firm now. And of course, she finds out I've left my job.

And so there, a bizarre meeting of sorts leads to me and a friend linking up again.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is funny... hahah.

Lunch?