another day, another destiny....so goes the song in Les Miz.
How apt.
Tomorrow will mark three years and one month of my stay at this newspaper monopoly. I've been feeling a little nervous, a bit twitchy, and slightly jumpy, the whole day. So many have been asking: so what are you doing on Wednesday? That's the first day of no-office life. That question, I find, parallels the bigger question crouching silently at the back of my head: What will tomorrow bring?
I am sad, actually. Sad to leave something that feels so comfortable, something that I know I can at least do a decent job at. Although I complain about having to lug my heavy box of notebooks home, I don't think I can bear to throw them away. Not that I can, I think, cos there's some law about having to keep them for six years for evidence in case some pyscho wants to sue me? Something like that.
Funnily, I'm worrying about losing my shorthand skills! Don't ask me why! I've made up my mind to practise during class. Fwah, I'll take notes faster than anyone else in class manz! Slackers want to copy also cannot manz! And then..err...I'll end up not being able to read the indecipherable squiggles before the exams! What a loser I'll be then. Hah.
Sigh...I don't think I'll ever find a workplace where I'll have sooo many lovely ex-classmates to hang out with during lunch. I'll miss them for sure - olduvai, ben ben, hj, kartaly, beng. Hope you continue to find joy in your work guys! Really made a difference in my working life.
And now...I have to figure out how to cart my stuff home. Tomorrow's the last day, and I haven't moved a single item. Is that denial or what???
Monday, July 18, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Change and transition is always scary, I guess. But...
"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
- Jeremiah 29:10-12
An oft-used verse, but I think it holds true. And I know that God will be with you, as long as you hold on to Him.
Take care =)
Pst: must remember to send me the pics we took today with the water bottle! ;p
thanks aime! glad to have met you too!
boo hoo hoo.....
Post a Comment