Wednesday, July 20, 2005

bye bye

Packed and gone, for real. Gonna miss my reporter's shorthand book with its smooth pages and lines that are spaced at just the right intervals. Gonna miss the imac that crashed on me twice and the cute helpdesk cheena-beng guy nick (haha! He's married lah!). Yes yes I have a fetish for cheena-bengs, and I guess my bf looks like one too??!!?? (Neighbourhood school guys rock!!!) Ok, I'm digressing...Gonna miss jamie who sits like two metres away, calling me to bitch/gossip/tell secrets, and of cos irritating the hell out of me at the same time. Gonna miss the 5pm cleaning auntie (whom I hope will not have a breast cancer relapse). She wished me well non-stop today and I felt like it was Chinese New Year all over again: "Xiao3 mei4, zhu4 ni3 bu4 bu4 gao1 sheng1, xue2 yue4 jing4 bu4, yi3 hou4 zhuan4 hen3 duo1 qian2!" (Translated: little girl, wish you climb higher higher, studies improve, earn lots of money!) Gonna miss the "you've got mail" dialogue box that pops up ever so often on the Lotus Notes email. There's something really cathartic about that, don't you agree? Gonna miss waiting at the lobby for lunch kakis, going through that stupid turnstile and never failing to say: "Where to eat? Wantan mee place? Or Aroma? HUH? Wantan mee again?" Gonna miss my most efficient kopitiam guy Kenneth, who gives me one more lemon slice than usual in my ice-lemon tea, and serves it before I even order. He's the man!

Gonna miss so many things. And like Kartaly said today at 8pm in the last phone call I will ever answer at my ex-desk: "And that will be the last time I will ever dial #2106!"

1 comment:

Bik said...

Here's to the closing of a chapter and the opening of a new work-in-progress... Enjoy school!