
I spent the weekend with Mr Orange Platypus aka leo (see picture). I seriously don't understand the fuss over Crocs footwear. Despite the rave reviews these slippers have been getting, I really think they look absolutely hideous! I would much rather walk around in scuba diving fins. Mr Orange Platypus also bought a pair of stately brown Crocs - sans the holes. A leetle bit more presentable lah.
So anyway, despite the amphibious leanings of my boyfriend, we both managed to spend a really fun weekend together. Eating lots of munchies, watching lots of TV (from EPL to CNA to BBC, hey we're the land of acronyms right?), and shopping lots. I don't know when was the last time we had so much time to ourselves!
We also found out how much he loved strawberry ice-cream, and how much I loved coffee ice-cream. We had the Haagen Dazs girl fill the one-pint (think it was one-pint) tub with strawberry ice-cream till it was half-full, and then slap on coffee ice-cream to the brim.
We then both realised we were thinking the same thing at the same time - we were actually tempted to challenge her to fill half the tub with one flavour on the LEFT, and the other flavour on the RIGHT! HAR HAR! Hiya, then we don't have to wait for one of us to finish the top layer, before the other can touch the bottom layer mah!
Shopping: We had $200 worth of Takashimaya vouchers to spend. So I got a sports bra, a pair of running shorts, a comfy sleeveless top for running and a pair of goggles. So sporty right?
He, on the other hand, got a pair of smart pointy leather shoes for work. Great stuff. As long as it's not another haul of platypus, or is it platypi???
Then hor, we all also very cheapskate lah. You see, with every purchase from Taka, you get a free roll of Christmas wrapping paper, with ribbon and a tiny card to write a teensy weensy message. So, we collected 3 to 4 rolls of wrapping paper, a bunch of golden ribbons and cards! Save money on Christmas wrapping! :)
4 comments:
eeeee......tx likes crocs also but i refuse to let him get...hehe... anyway ah, do u realise ur goggles are with me? the blue pair...i think u left them in the changi village hotel last time...i wanted to tell u a couple of times already but kept forgetting....
i also got taka voucher leh! think u gals gave me 2 years ago for my birthday...i haven't used yet..dunno wat to buy leh!!! how come u can use so fast one??? :) - smiles
When two lovers are on such telepathic wavelength, there's only one thing left to do: Get married!!! Haha!
By the way, you're right, those slippers look absolutely hideous! Burn them! - ahbeng
yah, i don't like crocs too! so gross!
My mum wants me to get a pair...she thinks they are nice..it reminds me of my kitchen clogs...the white kinds that the French chefs wear...all I need is an apron now and I am back to work....yukks...
Post a Comment