Sunday, December 25, 2005

O come let us adore Him!!!


It has been a hectic week, yes. But the moment I stepped into church today, I just had to smile! A group of kid carollers had gathered next to the big Christmas tree in the atrium and were singing old familiar carols, in their very high-pitched and slightly out of tune voices. Hahaha! Accompanying them were three older cheh chehs playing the violin and viola. It's the kind of music accompaniment that, well, provides a single-line melody. Nevertheless, I could see that all these sweet kids had rehearsed their songs very well! They also had a box going around (like buskers do) collecting cash for the church building fund. They sure know how to seize an opportunity when it comes! *Wink*

I invited a friend to the special Christmas service, and it's just wonderful that she enjoyed it. God's love touched her in a special way, and she said she had to go home to "analyse" why she shed tears. I'm just so glad she could feel that special touch. Church attendance today was more than double that on an average Sunday, and it seemed like as many as 50-over people went up to receive Christ and re-dedicate their lives to Christ. Incredible! And this was just for the service I attended. I believe the first service must have seen similar results.

O come let us adore Him, Christ the King!!!
###

After service my family had a very late lunch together. I had wanted to try this restaurant called Sticky Rice at 5 Kensington Park Road, Serangoon Gardens. Jason Hahn of 8 Days gave it a glowing review. And tho' I know better than to trust Singapore's food reviewers, the photos of the food and place looked really appealing! Unfortunately the kitchen was closed when we reached at 3pm. Well, apparently, they open for lunch, and then close for a few hours, before opening at dinner again. Darn.

We walked over to Pow Sing Restaurant to have chicken rice and zi char dishes, but...it was closed too!!! Like Sticky Rice, it closes at 3pm after lunch hour, and would only open for dinner later! We walked over to this Peranakan foodplace and found it stuck to the same schedule!!! Cannot be so coincidental right???

My bro said: "Wah lau!!! Like seeing doctor like that!!!"

I totally agree. Finally, we settled for Sushi Tei where we ate to our hearts' content :)

And then I went for a long-awaited jog in the evening, before err....putting back on the calories again. Just had maggi mee and a pack of Jack and Jill potato chips.

HOW TO LOSE WEIGHT LIKE THAT???

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

WHY do you need to lose weight???

aberwyn said...

Merry Christmas. :)