Been so tired the last few days, partly because of the two-day children's day camp I'm involved in, and having stuff after work at night. Exhausted.
But I'm learning new things. I'm learning that it's important to have very clear objectives when you plan programmes. How relevant is the artificial cocoon created during such camps/workshops to real life? Will the children really be able to apply what they have learnt at the camps? Them having fun at the camps does not equate to them learning what you attended for them to learn. And if they only had fun, what is the point of the camps? Food for thought...
At the same time, the old issues I've been grappling with about loss/grief/blame/anger have resurfaced. Inevitably, the triggers have been appearing. It's really time to find some closure before I graduate. No thanks to SOS that didn't follow up on me. Very unethical of them. But maybe it's a learning point for me, so that in future I'll make sure my clients get follow up.
Sososo, what do I do now? It's not enough to say let go and let God. I have been, and it's been helpful. But I need to talk to someone - a professional, and good and trustworthy one. To talk me through all my faulty thinking, and help me find the closure I so need.
When I get over this episode, I know I will be stronger than ever. And I must.
###
On a lighter note, the Mayday concert is tomorrow!!! I've been so busy I haven't had time to memorise the important songs!!! Argh!!! Tonight, tonight, it shall be. I must be ready.
Friday, December 09, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Could you try PGCS (the school's counselling service)? It's at Yusof Ishak House, and it did help me some when I needed some structured form of therapy. Not sure if it is open to graduate students, but you can try.
See if they can get you a dedicated counsellor (i.e. you don't have to be shifted from one counsellor to another every time you go).
When I get over this episode, I know I will be stronger than ever. And I must.
Totally agree. Reminds me of 2 Corinthians 1:3-4
"Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves have received from God."
If it's a Chinese-speaking counsellor, would it be okay? My mom might have contacts in this area.
Take care, you.
Not sure what to say, so was hesitant to comment at all... Is there anyone from your church who's in the social work and counselling sector already? He/She might be able to give you good contacts to discuss your issues with, and sis, sometimes things need time to heal so pray to let God work His way in and through you according to His time?
Post a Comment