
I got a little bored in the morning at work today. Then in came this little boy, probably in upper primary, who had to entertain himself with toys while waiting for his mother and brother to finish their session with one of the workers.
The boy and I decided to play pool together. Heh. A very miniature version of pool. I mean, it's like hitting marbles with chopsticks, know what I mean? It was really funny though, because I the clueless pool player actually taught him how to place his hand on the table as a support, and to aim in a straight line.
I also tried explaining to him that you had to hit the white ball in the centre or at the bottom (leo taught me) to prevent it from following the ball in front of it into the pocket. But he was too excited in the game to listen.
Kids really know how to entertain themselves. Little boy got bored with pool when I left him to go back to my work (or rather, I didn't want to seem to be slacking, as I did say I was a little bored). So little boy turned his attention to a toy stove and started cooking whole bananas, apples and hotdog buns (yes hotdog stuffed in bun) for me.
I decided to ask him to make apple pie for me, and he said: "There're apples. But there's no pie!"
And I said: "Pretend lah!"
He looked at me sheepishly, laughed and ran away. Haha. He actually thought it was hilarious to play pretend!
Hmm...wonder who's the kid? Him or me? ;p
No comments:
Post a Comment