Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Friends and fondue

olduvai and I gathered at dimsumdolly's house last night to christen her chocolate fondue set, a prize she had won at a food bloggers' outing.

We hacked away at a 1kg slab of dark chocolate, "double-boiled" the chocolate pieces to melt them, cut up strawberries, kiwis and bananas...Olduvai arranged the marshmallows into a pyramid and suggested we toast them over tealights. Heh heh. We did and some caught fire!

Apart from a ghastly mistake (up to now we can't pinpoint the reason, but it could be we poured cold milk into the melting choc, causing it to harden again), everything was waaaay oh-kaaaay. You could check out dimsumdolly's blog for pix, cos she'll prob be posting them up soon.

Today was spent at Eug's house, lazing around by the pool, as FY told in full detail the marriage proposal that happened by the leaky pipe. Four of us ate a mish mash of food (mamee, grapes, jelly, pizza) as we chatted under the sun.

Actually, I'm beginning to feel a little tired of doing nothing much! Aargh, humans are so hard to please. I need to start on my freelance work. And I can't wait to begin my first day of school tomorrow! Off to NUS!

1 comment:

RealLifeReading said...

so i'm guessing u didnt go home and write your story? :)
good luck tomorrow!