It's true....I do miss NTU.
Went back there today to interview some students for my freelance work. And I swear Canteen A/North Spine/South Spine/SCS/Everything Including NIE were calling out to me.
I think it's because I kept comparing being there to being at NUS. At NUS, there seems to be this invisible boundary that I've unknowingly drawn out for myself - if I step across the line, I'm just simply going to get lost. I mean you would think that if a block was called AS6, then AS5 should be next to it right? But no...err...I still don't know where AS5 is.
So as I admired the soothing grey facade of my beloved NTU, and took comfort in the angularity and organised structure of the various blocks, I couldn't help but feel...at home again. (Though during my first year there, the school look was just plain boring. How age changes your perspective! Heh.)
So anyways, all you ex-CS people, you know Canteen A (the engineering canteen) now has Macs????? YES!!!! That huge yellow M was shining so bright I could have shielded my eyes from it. And hor, now all the stalls got big bright signboards with colourful pictures of food leh. All to tantalise your tastebuds.
And hor, as you walk up the stairs to where the computer shop is, you see awnings that look like the sails of a yacht - to provide shade for students. How thoughtful.
And of course, I couldn't resist paying Shyam a visit at our good ol' CS building. As usual, from afar, I noticed his office was damn dark. Then I remembered, he works in the dark!!! (with a dim lamp that somehow helps him see.) Peered through his window and he was there!!!
How nice to see this dear ol' jet-setting prof again! I mean, he was actually in town! But oh well, he had only three minutes to class, so we couldn't really talk.
Ok can't type more, need to go for my own class. Back to old ah pek lecturing on substance abuse again :)
Wednesday, August 31, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
if I step across the line, I'm just simply going to get lost.
Like I said, download the map :)
You miss NTU, I miss NUS. Though your ex-colleagues were deriding my alma mater in the last auction and I just kept my mouth shut... I know the NUS centennial mug isn't 'cool', but still :|
aime: awwww....hahaha! well, i love the NUS lessons i'm having! (by the way, i think that mug was donated by me!!) haha
Post a Comment