*rushes to smooth creases on shirt, straighten collar and clear throat*
Word number one: workfare
A workfare scheme refers to an incentive scheme that will help low-wage workers, only if they make every effort to find or keep jobs. Workfare was inspired by the word "welfare".
Word number two: right-sizing
Not a new word, actually. Often used to refer to retrenchments, it also now means family planning. A sentence using the new meaning could go like this: "Mr Tan, who has a brood of five kids, has finally decided to right-size his family because he can't afford to send a sixth one to school."
(PS: I hereby clarify that I'm in no way against the new measures to help my fellow Singaporeans. In fact, I applaud them.)
3 comments:
naughty caedmon... I heard the derision... hahah
kartaly: eh you made my blog your homepage last night ah? every time i visit it, there's a new comment. heh heh :)
by the way, a classmate of mine was singing praises of your favourite horror film. said it was the best horror flick he has seen so far! and he's one of those types...you know...artsy-fartsy-movie-buff types
Aiyah, I was writing till 2am, so every time I got bored (which is quite often), I'll just swan over to see what other scintillating insights you've put up =)
Actually, I hate all horror films... I watched that one with an eye squinting at the screen.
Post a Comment