Saturday, October 22, 2005

yo, bro

In this week's issue of 8 Days, actress Ericia Lee says she used to wonder if she was adopted, because she was so different from her younger sis Ezann. Looks-wise and character-wise, both couldn't be more different from each other. Then again, both are blessed with such good looks, fantabulous figures and wonderful smiles. So, different also never mind right??? This world is so unfair...sigh...

The sibling feature inspired me to put up pix of my bro and I. At 23, he's three years younger than me. We are also as different as...as...as...err...popeye is from err...olive. Couldn't think of a better contrast, but you get the idea. He's everything I'm not, and I'm everything he's not. He inherited most genes from my mum's side, slim cheeks, business-(ka-ching)-mind, find-the-shortest-shortcut-tendencies, love for garlic and onions, naturally straight pearly whites bla bla bla.

I, on the other hand, got my dad's chubby-bao-bao-cheeks, his love for photography, easy contentment, not-so-straight teeth that I had to fix with braces, and I repeat, his chubby cheeks!!! Ok, so I haven't exhausted the list (I know there's more), but I can't think of any more "genetic dispositions" right now.

My bro is an NSB (I'm not), he smokes (I don't), he loves techno (I don't), he's the auntie-killer-type great at selling stuff (I'm not, I don't know how to sell things), he hates writing (I don't) and so on...In fact, just a few weeks back, we both took the train together (a rare occurence) and he looked at our reflection in the window and said: "My goodness, we don't even look alike."

:)

So my question is, are you and your sibling alike?

5 comments:

alixana said...

Appearance wise, we don't look alike. My features are somewhat sharper than my brother's, who looks like a giant and extremely huggable teddy bear :) Me, I'm all ice and sharp edges. People often wonder if we are related in the first place. Can't remember the number of times he has been mistaken for my boyfriend.

Personality-wise, we are pretty similar - we are both highly introverted (i.e. we recharge from quiet activities like reading and prefer spending an evening at home with our books, or watching a movie, rather than going out to 'chiong'). We thrive on intellectual debate than physical activity (read: exercise!), we have the same corny and unintelligible sense of humour that only the two of us seem to 'get'.

=)

We're talking about doing Europe again, this time together, in a couple of years. That should be fun :)

Dawn said...

aime, how sweet! travelling with your bro :)

Anonymous said...

Sometimes... looks dun matter? I am an exact photocopy of my elder sis who is an exact photocopy of my mum. But we ain't at all close compared to u both. Oh did darren ever tell you how much resemblance Willie and I have with each other? Somehow I think i was adopted... lol

Daniel

Dawn said...

daniel, oh yar, u look like willie! you mean you are a photocopy of your mum and sis? haha. now i'm trying to imagine a a female version of you...

alixana said...

caedmon: yeah, hopefully it materialises! The very thought of it has put a spring back into my step, haha :) But I have to wait two years. TWO YEARS!!