
This is ben, corny ben, who's reporting from Muzaffarabad in Pakistan now. (Sorry had to include baby ethan inside cos he's soooo cute!) I've been following his reports on how he's turned medic, inserting needles into veins, cleaning wounds and all that stuff that he'd never thought he had to do. And today, I read about how he hasn't bathed in days because the water is contaminated, and how having the privilege to sleep in a porous tent is sheer luxury.
I must say ben ben, I'm very proud of you! You've managed to balance your journalistic instincts with helping the distressed earthquake survivors! I can't imagine what it is like to be out there in the shivering cold, plagued by injuries, with absolutely no hope about what the future holds.
How fortunate I am in Singapore to be surrounded by all the creature comforts one can ask for. Where I wake up in the morning, tempted to snuggle under my soft quilt a little longer. Where I turn on the PC and saying "good morning" to friends on MSN. Where the most pressing thing on my mind right now is to finish my class essay and hand it up on time.
1 comment:
he's sure to win another award!
Post a Comment