*NSB= Neighbourhood School Boy = Leo = sometimes synonymous with ah beng (but Leo is not an ah beng)
I don't know why I have a fetish for NSBs and ah bengs. Couldn't be the ah lian in me, because I absolutely do not possess any such traits ('cept maybe when I say 妈的, which is quite seldom and only to belle. Haha.)
If the Mayday band members studied in Singapore, they definitely would have gone to school at BBSS (Bukit Batok Sec School), or something like that. Haha. So cool! Eh, BBSS is leo's alma mater :)
I used to like Sly too, because he was so ah beng, but now he's too cocky for his own good. Poseur.
Anyways, the point of this entry is to remember some quotable quotes by the NSB.
In a car along Shenton Way one night:
Leo's colleague, Q, (also an NSB) asks me: Eh, last time you what JC? Quite good one right? Hwa Chong or National right?
Leo the other NBS (in mock indignance): NOOO LAAH!!!!! She from Raffles lah!!! Raffles!!!
Q: Same what! Same standard right? I thought Hwa Chong also quite good one what!
Leo (in greater mock indignance): OI!!! You insult her school issit? I ask you, which is the best JC around?
Q: Same what! I thought Hwa Chong also quite good????
Leo: NOOO LAAH!!!!! Where got same? Pls lah. It's Raffles! Raffles!
Over the phone one afternoon:
Leo the NSB asks me: So how? How's your studying progressing?
Me: Finished the bulk of it.
Leo: WAH!!! So fast ah??? Your RJC study method soooo good!!! I told you! No need to worry one lah you...
Usually when I'm stressing over not doing something well enough:
Leo the NSB to me: You all Raffles one, perfectionists...
When talking about "kiam-par" (deserve to be whacked ie because they think the world of themselves) guys in the army:
Leo the NSB to me: I tell you, they are all from either ACS or RI, TRUST ME.
Wednesday, October 12, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
hwa chong! hwa chong!
NJ! NJ!
Neighbourhood School Boy = NBS? Shouldn't it be NSB?
Or NeighBourhood School Boy?
PS: I first read this entry at work and almost laughed out loud :D
oh no! i've started a war among the jcs!!! muahahahahaha.
aime: thnks for pointing out that leetle error. yes, it's now been changed to NSB :)
by the way olduvai, leo says: "HUH?? olduvai from hwa chong?? sure or not?? she's so ang mor!" tee hee hee
hahaha...
yes i indeed am from the cheena jc, where the school song (the chinese version at least) conjures up images of Mao and his little red book.
Post a Comment