Saturday, September 04, 2004

Water babies - TLG and me

Aaarghh!!! Got that ugly tan line down my back!!! No choice I guess...got no time to go swimming during evenings, so I've to sacrifice some beauty in the afternoons.

Went swimming with The Little Girl (TLG) today. Haha, she'll kill me if she knows that's what I call her - the all grownup teenager that she is :) Again, she was late and I decided to do my 20 laps while waiting for for her. If I didn't carry out my laps routine, I think I'd just feel so fat man. Just as well she was late. Haha.

TLG is really quite funny and gungho in her own way. I helped to correct her breaststroke rhythm/technique/breathing. And when she found she could swim further than before, she became very gian. Insisted on progressing to the deep end to swim the length and tread water!!!

But as usual, she's still got that short attention span. While learning to swim the breaststroke, she would suddenly do her self-invented Dog Paddle. Or launch into this weird-looking freestyle with her arms flailing in the air. Or do a rather ungraceful water ballet, throwing her legs in the air. Haha. I don't know how she did it, but she managed to knock herself at least five times against the wall and floor of the pool. Kena the nose cos she was blinded from water in the goggles after attempting a lame dive and couldn't see the wall she was swimming towards (for a moment I thought she was gonna have a permanent bruise!). She hit her forehead on the floor while trying to do some mermaid turn under water (it was supposed to be water ballet) and when she swam into a boy, she, well, crashed into his goggles. Hit her eye. Wah lau. She the best.

She's somewhat like me, turns dark at the slightest UV ray. But she says her darkness looks like dead skin!!! Hahaha. She actually slapped on suntan lotion in a bid to get "golden brown" skin, in her own words. But err....didn't really work lor :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

eh...didcha go swimming in ur teeny weeny bikini?? *wolf whistles* doesnt sound like it leh! otherwise wun kena tan line one hor??

tell u wat! we have two more weekends before my wedding...letz go nude sunbathing on some abandoned island...maybe tat can be e bridal shower! keke...then we can wow everybody at e wedding with our deliciously bronze skin...steady steady?? *nudge nudge* - cocoatina

Anonymous said...

ah, me went swimming this morning too! Personally i prefer swimming when the sun's out. I like to feel the warmth of the sun on my skin--i'm sick of sitting in aircon rooms and not being able to see the sun when i'm stuck in the office all week. For me, it's heck care about the tan lines!

-dimsumdolly