Monday, September 13, 2004

Sparks flew

Someone pls call the fire brigade. I think my flat might burn down anytime. No disrespect to other people's religious practices but I just don't understand why some people are still burning their joss paper on the grass and not in the huge metal bins. It's such a fire hazard!!! (Yep, it's the hungry ghost festival again.)

I was walking at the void deck just now, on my way home from work when a frenzy erupted before me. Some people were chasing after their joss paper - which were ON FIRE - cos the wind had started to blow. Well, the pieces of paper flew past me and landed 1m away from me. I almost stretched out my feet to step out the fire, but decided against it. Why did I have to risk spoiling my perfectly nice pair of M)phosis sandals right? Cos of some people's inconsiderate behaviour. Scenes of a blazing Block 296 did flash through my mind for a few seconds, but I figured out what the heck man, I'm not going to end up with a pair of disintegrated footwear cos of some people's foolishness!!???!!! Right???

So off I went. To a piping-hot meal waiting for me. Call me selfish but my flat's still standing. Hopefully it will still be tomorrow. Sheesh.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ms sassy dawnie... :)
din know u got a blog as well... but thanks for that comment on mine, which led me here.
saw that u went wakeboarding... with the medical woman located at the 2nd floor of podium blk?? hehe... ;)
she told me she tried wakeboarding over the weekend so i gathered it was with u. ^_-