Singaporeans, I must say, are a pretty spoilt bunch. I was having a facial done today (yes, so that I'll have beautiful skin at cocoatina's wedding) and there was a conversation going on about overpriced eggs between my beautician and a customer. It went like this:
Customer (in Mrs PCK manner): Aiyoh, you know ah, that day I went to buy eggs and you know how much they cost? $6.50 for 10 eggs!! The eggs were soooooooo small leh!!! My goodness, they were the smallest eggs I've ever seen!!!
Beautician: Boh bian lah...if don't put eggs, boh hoh jia (ie not nice to eat). Like for maggi mee, you must put egg lor...if not boh hoh jia...
(I interject, in my mind that is: Wah lau, maggi mee don't put egg can die meh?)
Customer: Aiyoh!! I can't believe the eggs are sooooo small leh!!! I try to look for other eggs, got the pigeon...eh no, is the quail is it? yar the quail eggs and the century eggs. But aiya cannot la...
Beautician: Boh pian la....
And the customer repeats her point like I don't know how many times man. Seriously, it's not like there's a shortage of a staple like rice...That eggy conversation aside, I must say that I was enjoying quite some good music at the same time. My beautician has good taste in music I must say. The radio was on and Class 95 had their soft rock session on and the songs were great! There was She's in Fashion and this other Guns n Roses song etc...Love soft rock though I don't know that many titles. Was so inspired (and also cos Leo has been intro-ing me to lots of his soft rock songs, like Red Hot Chilli Pepper and Maroon 5 and Gin Blossoms and Third Eye Blind etc...). Yes, so bought the Maroon 5 CD from Gramophone, which I'm listening to now. Very nice!
Oh and on the way to Gramophone, I passed Jeffrey busking at his usual spot outside Centrepoint. Jeffrey is actually Leo's blind cousin who's damn good at guitar-playing..basically he's a one-man band la. And I just had to stand and listen to his wonderful guitar blues. Said hi to him and he played a George Benson fusion jazz piece for me. Haha. Inspired me so much again I bought a George Benson CD from Gramophone too.
And err...I bumped into Malcolm at Gramophone and he intro this CD called Double Take by this duo comprising Roger Wang (guitarist) and Mia Palencia (vocalist - very good - only about 19 years old). Has jazz songs, original compositions and pop ballads. Some are in English, some in Tagalog and some in Malay. Quite a refreshing change from the usual jazz CDs cos somehow I realise they all sound the same after some time and play the same songs. This duo is like the Asian Tuck and Patti. Haven't listened to it carefully yet, but I liked the sound when the Gramophone guy played it. (Oh Malcolm was the one who recommended the George Benson CD too.)
I guess I'm quite broke now cos I bought some other stuff from OG today too :)
Saturday, September 18, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment