Every morning, I feel like a queen. Well, kind of. You see, it is without fail that breakfast - make that takeaway breakfast - will be on my dining table.
Mum always makes the morning meal different. Sometimes, it's bread with ham. Other times, it's toasted bread with melted cheese. Or it could be bread with my favourite hard-boiled egg (kinda between soft-boiled and hard-boiled actually). And each time, she would wrap it up nicely with a piece of paper towel so I can eat it during my three-min brisk walk to the MRT station. Yes, I'm usually rushing for time.
Bread's not all I get, actually. Mum knows I'll be too lazy to pick out fruits from the fridge (She says I don't take enough vitamins) so she'll pack grapes/cut-up honey dew/peeled oranges in a yellow container. Get this, she even puts in toothpicks or a small fork so that I don't have to dirty my hands!!! Recently, she's even got a nice lil' plastic contraption that's a knife at one end and a spoon on the other for me to cut my kiwi into half and then scoop the pulp out.
Yar, I'm known as the girl in the office who always brings fruits to eat. Once a colleague even asked me if I lived on landed property cos he thought my mum was some kind of very free tai tai who had all the time in the world to prepare breakfasts for her 25-year-old working daughter!!!
Oh well, my mum's not an idling tai tai. But she really loves me lor!!! Haha. So that I can sleep longer.... :p That's the whole point right?
Thursday, September 02, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Such a blessing you have... must give thanks for your mom more often... leaving a comment to encourage your blog... hee...
we're kidults i tell you! My mum makes freshly squeezed fruit juice for me every morning and also packs fruits for me to bring to work. And my mum's not an idling tai-tai either! Both of us really have supermums!
- dimsumdolly
Post a Comment