Saturday, November 19, 2005

today's the sec school reunion

a few months back, some friends from my sec sch (the prefectorial bunch) sent out emails about an RGS class of '95 reunion, which is supposed to happen today at the school. Was supposed to have gone, but we forgot to pay money and all, and we got lazy, and we didn't go. Not sure if the reunion will still take place today. It's been 10 years! Nevertheless, I shall commemorate the decade-long friendship with some photos.

As former principal, the forever vivacious and sprightly Mrs Carmee Lim, would proudly announce: "Filiae Melioris Aevi (FEE-LEE-AI MEH-LEE-OR-RIS AY-VEE) ! Daughters of a better age!"

And she often follows on with a "as we walk throught the porrrrtals of RGS..." and then she belts out the national anthem with her operatic trills and shrills while everyone, except the prefects, shut up and pretend to mouth the words. Basically you can only hear Mrs Carmee Lim singing lah. And then the prefects start walking up and down checking if we've worn our yellow nametags, if our pinafores are too "puffed" at the waist (man, the school made us sew one side of the belt to our pinafores ok!), if our fringe was touching our eyebrows, if our socks were too hidden in our shoes.

One of the things I loved best about RGS was that they allowed us to wear sports shoes (not the usual canvas types), as long as they were white. Very cool ok at that time, can wear my Reeboks to school! Must make it look dirty and worn, then cool mah!

Ah....memories!!! Ok now for photos:


Not the entire 4/6 gang (we from class 4/6) is here in this picture taken in 1995 I think (courtesy of eug's friendster account). Three of them in this picture are also not in sg now - in London. First one from left is wynne, who just got married. I'm mentioning her for reference cos the next photo is taken at her wedding this month. I'm third from left, the one trying to stick her head out to be seen. I had long fringe then!!! This photo is taken in front of the flagpoles, Mrs Carmee Lim's favourite platform for singing :)


And this is us this year at wynne's wedding. The bride's in yellow, seated in the centre. Only me, karen, eug, wynne and ad appear in this photo and the previous one. Yes, the bunch of us is quite big! I'm standing second from right, with my eyes closed :( Not ready lah.

Daughters of a better age!

1 comment:

RealLifeReading said...

10 years! where has the time gone...