Wednesday, November 30, 2005

first impressions

I find that I have this tendency to try to suss people out during my first few encounters with them. I do it both unconsciously and consciously, really. Unconsciously, because I can feel - beyond my control - my intuition sensing signals, much like antennae receiving frequencies automatically. Consciously, because I know what I'm reading when I'm reading people.

And usually, I'm right. But I don't say it first, because I don't want to seem to be making a premature judgment. Leo's really good at it too, actually, I think he's better at it. Probably because I try to make concessions on behalf of those people I get negative vibes from!

:)

###

Today was the first day of my attachment at a social service agency. Once again, I was sussing out the various characters, and what their interactions were saying about one another. In general, it was a good vibe. Specifically, it was quite a culture shock actually. Having been part of the unforgiving newsroom before, this workplace was extremely nurturing.

In fact, in response to a compliment from one of the staff, I actually blurted out: "You guys are so constructive!"

I don't know how the next few months are going to pan out, whether first impressions will remain first impressions. But I am very thankful to God my Father. Thank you for the way you have directed my path, and always shining your light for me. Thank you for putting up arrows pointing the way to go, when I didn't know what to do. Thank you for just being who you are, even when I did not understand. Thank you so very much.

Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways, acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths. - Proverbs 3: 5,6 (NKJV)

No comments: