Friday, January 06, 2006

absorbed in my thoughts

The bus-stop where I board the bus to work is almost in front of my block. But today, I walked past it obliviously. Five minutes later, I found myself at the MRT station, and suddenly fully aware that I was at the wrong place. Darn. I turned around to walk back and watched the bus I was supposed to take cruise past me. Double darn.

Now I have to pretend I intended to walk into office later than usual.

I'm totally absorbed in my own thoughts. I saw a woman yesterday who cried as she spoke to me. And I could really feel her helplessness. But I didn't know what to do. I came out of the counselling room with a splitting headache. Thank goodness my supe was around to process the session with me, and she taught me to use the Satir model. I have so much to learn.

I went home feeling less burdened, but still with a headache. I decided to read my book (The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger) to destress. Then I slept.

And today, I was still disoriented. Well, an unexpected SMS I woke up to added to the mesh of thoughts still flooding my mind.

I wish my brain could compartmentalise all my feelings and thoughts appropriately. Make it like a library catalogue. Whenever I need something, I just have to type in the keywords and pull out the info. How simple that would be.

And I won't have to miss my bus again.

No comments: