Sunday, May 07, 2006

Polling Day: 6 May 2006


So it was, I cast my vote yesterday. Even 15 minutes before doing so, I still could not make up my mind. It was really tough. And it was over so fast - in five minutes - that I didn't have time to register what I really did. I just knew I was pretty nervous and that the guy who checked my IC was quite irritating cos he had to say my name very loudly (it's something they have to do) and he didn't know how to pronounce my name properly. I had to show this slip that was mailed to me (see picture above) and my IC, the guy would then match them with some records and give me my voting slip. It was then cross or never. What a scary act it is to vote.

Then while leaving, I tried to secretly take a picture of the place I cast my vote at. Well, I'm not doing anything wrong lah, cos I was so far away from the location. But still, there were policemen around and I didn't wanna risk being singled out. Place where I voted was under this little pavilion surrounded by blocks of flats (see picture on right). The walkway you see leads to the pavilion. So ordinary a place, but such a symbolic act. For me, at least.

3 comments:

aberwyn said...

ooo. so you stay at the cluster nearer to the MRT ah? mine was at Greendale Secondary, which wasn't exactly that near.

Dawn said...

ooo..so u stay nearer that side...

aberwyn said...

between econ and primemart. on the same side of punggol field as econ.