Wednesday, May 10, 2006

I'm half-paralysed



I can't even lift my arms to take off my shirt. It's a chore to straighten them too cos they hurt! What a loser I am. Haha. Yes, I've inflicted myself with such pain by going cable-skiing at East Coast Park.

Pain aside, the Cable Ski Park - Singapore's first - is a really nice area for a relaxed stroll. There's a cafe as well where you can have a cuppa, read a book, or just watch people cable-ski (including people like me who crash very unglamly into the water, but don't worry there are pros too).

There are three to four options you can choose from. They include the kneeboard (which is the easiest), water skis and the wakeboard. I must say I really prefer going wakeboarding with a boat, cos the boat picks you up where you fall, which is very important for a clumsy beginner. At the Cable Ski Park, every time I fell at the furthest end of the lake, I had to swim to the bank, climb out, and lug my kneeboard all the way back to the start. It's at least a three-minute walk I believe. And it's really hard to launch on a wakeboard cos you launch from land, unlike wakeboarding with a boat where you get pulled out of the water.


Oh look, Ethan was there too. He didn't cable ski. But...errr...he poured milo on himself!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is indeed a really nice place to chill. Went there for a shoot once but it was drizzling furiously and I totally forgot about it subsequently. - JK

Dawn said...

wah maiden comment leh... yes, you know where to chill now :) near your house some more...