Friday, May 26, 2006

Back...and first day at work

Today...well, more like yesterday cos it's past midnight, I started my new job. It's weird to be called by my job title. I can't get used to it. What I can't get used to more is the fact that I have to go on an overnight trek next Friday, from Bukit Timah to MacRitchie. Like what??? I'm so going to die. I'm so not prepared. I'm so...so...

Ah well. Why not let me relive those glorious teenage years when I scaled Mount Ophir and Mount Kinabalu like a never-say-die strongwoman? When I would sleep next to the campfire, make an A-frame fire and kill a chicken for food (yes I did that)...like, like, like Xena? Whatever.

But now? Today? I'm old. Achingly old.

Sports is perfectly fine. Bungee, tandem sky-diving, you name it, I've done it. But to lose that many hours of sleep trudging through some forest? I'm old...

NEVERTHELESS.

Apart from overnight treks, I think I'm gonna like my job. :)

As for Taipei, more about it later. I'm too lazy to post pix and blog about it :) Too much to say.

3 comments:

aberwyn said...

eh sounds fun leh. what kinda job is that?

Dawn said...

eh why u and my bf say the same thing? i'm doing social work with youths

Dancingpris said...

Gal, the trip must be interesting. What is Bukit Timah when u had conquered Mt Ophir and Mt Kina. I missed those times too. I was 31 when i went to Mt Kina the second time. Let's enjoy. You are still young. Need volunteer for the Bukit Timah Trekking? Haha.