Monday, May 01, 2006

Attending my second election rally


Since I'm from Pasir Ris-Punggol GRC, and I get to vote for the first time, I have to attend a rally related to it right? So tonight, I was at the PAP rally to see my incumbent MPs say their piece for their party. In contrast to the Potong Pasir rally I attended last night, the supporters' demographics were quite different. No more lao bengs! This time, the women brigade was out in full force (see left picture)!!! Most looked like their were in their 30s and early 40s, and they were very vocal. Aww...check out their placards. So "我们永远支持你"...So something I would do for my beloved Taiwanese rock band Mayday (incidentally today is May Day, 五月天我会永远支持你!Hee!)

This banner on the left takes the top prize for the night. Right on track with the "white elephant" campaign huh?

There was some eye candy for the night too - in triathlete Teo Ser Luck. Haha. I quite like these tanned and sporty types!

I also spotted this whole row of 50-somethings who had come prepared with chairs and stools. And they were listening intently wor! There was this point in time when one man suddenly repeated very loudly: "MISS! EXCUSE ME MISS! EXCUSE ME MISS!" He was trying to get the attention of this reporter standing about 4m in front of him. When she finally turned around, he said: "MISS! Your umbrella blocking me lah!" Wah....so on man, uncle. You're good!


Yes, even the rain couldn't dampen the spirits of the audience (see right picture), though I think more would have turned up if it wasn't so wet. Also, my mum nearly got into an argument with one of the security people because he didn't allow her to access the arena via this lane, which was "reserved" for the MPs. Wah lau. I quickly siam-ed cos it's just embarrassing to be associated with her in situations like that! ;p

Then, just as I was leaving the arena, I met hj, who was reporting for journalistic duties. What a coincidence. But I couldn't believe it when I heard the duty she was reporting for: holding a handphone so that the people back in the office can listen to the political speeches live, and transcribe them immediately??? Huh??? So primitive one ah... poor hj!

No comments: