Sunday, April 24, 2005

I'M BAAACK!!!!

Yes. I'm back in sg from New Zealand. After all that moaning and groaning about having to lug myself to an enviable sponsored holiday, I'm back! And I did enjoy it!!! :) Well, apart from the great company and beautiful surroundings, there were quite some memorable firsts as well. So here goes:

Number one first:
A very censored one. I was caught stark naked (yes, FULL frontal nudity) in a toilet on board a yacht during a cruise on a lake. DO NOT LAUGH. The bl**dy toilet had a lock that didn't work!!! So while I was happily changing out of my very modest swimsuit, reliving the adrenaline-pumping jet-ski ride just 10 minutes earlier, this fatherly Malaysian journo has to open the toilet door. The sequence goes like this:
1) I'm naked
2) He opens the door
3) I scream my lungs out
4) His eyes nearly pop out and he goes: "Why didn't you lock the door??????"
5) He slams it shut and I hear him go on and on outside about me not locking the door.
6) I spend the next few agonising minutes waiting for the floor to swallow me up, which of course didn't happen, unfortunately for me.
7) The next few days, I don't dare to look at him much cos number one, he's like a damn conservative muslim, and number two, his wife was on the same trip. Good luck to me. He seemed to become more affectionate with her after that embarrassing incident. I think he probably has to abstain from making the haj for like 10 years now, cos well, too sinful.

Number two first:
I bungee-jumped!!!!! All 40m down from the Auckland Harbour Bridge. Haha. Didn't expect myself to take the plunge. All thanks to the very sporting journos I travelled with. A group of about 10 of us jumped. It was waaaaay cool and damn scary. But fun :)

Number three first:
I drank wine everyday for seven days. Great wine :)

Number four first:
I went jetboating. WHEEEE!!!!! Great 360 deg spins on the icy cool river. WHOOPEEE!!!!

Hmm....what else...can't think of anything at present. Shall post photos up soon.

1 comment:

mcsister said...

Hey, girl with the sunshiney smile! A little bird told me you screamed your lungs out inside a giant golf ball, zorbing. True? ;D