Tuesday, March 15, 2005

My crown of glory

It's half an hour to midnight and I have hair wax/clay in my hair that I can't bear to wash off! That's because I think I look simply fabulous in my new hairdo. Haha :)

I just had my hair snipped at a new-found salon in Hougang. It's one of the Kimage branches and I tell you, the guy who cut my hair, knows how to treat my hair like she's queen. He's got the feel and I'm so glad I found him. I was so happy with his service and hairstyling that I bought a $43 hair-styling product and a two-year membership.

It's hard to describe to long-haired lasses the satisfaction a short-haired girl gets when her tresses are shaped just the way God meant them to be. Let's see, I would say it is as satisfying as downing a huge gulp of ice-cold water on a hot, dusty day. As refreshing as a warm bubble bath after a hard day's work.

Ah.....

What's more satisfying is when the hairdresser smiles as he cuts, and tells you he thinks that super short fringe, which other people can't carry off, simply frames your face perfectly. And especially so when you agree.

It's been a great day. And worth every silly grin I wore on my way home.

7 comments:

Bik said...

=) And how did your haircut stand up to the scrutiny of experts at work today? You must of course ignore anything negative and concentrate on feeling the glow of a good cut. =)

Anonymous said...

Yes, i know EXACTLY what you mean 'cos i'm a short-hair lass as well. *hi-five* :)

So now, i really want to see your new hair-do! Maybe i should give your hair stylist a try too!

Dawn said...

kelvin dearest, you are so wonderful. you truly knew what was coming at work right? haha. yes, there were raised eyebrows, quizzical looks and a smattering of "so short!!!". even an argument between JK and SL, with JK blaming SL for always commenting on how short her hair is, and not saying a word about how short mine is. so there :)

dsd: hi five too!
haha. my hair is really quite short. but i love it :) yes maybe you should try my hairdresser. he's this 26-year-old, a little beng-ish, with ash-coloured hair. oh a pair of cool specs too. i half expected him to sound really beng at first, but he was so polite and spoke pretty good english. we had quite an enjoyable conversation. yes, i'm saying goodbye to old gay men who try to make me dye my hair so as to earn more money.

Anonymous said...

oh, i know who that old gay man is! He's the one at Bedok, your old place right?? Rem i went there to cut once and he got me to straighten my hair??? he totally spoilt my hair back then! I ended up with a small bald patch for a short while and all the hair had split ends! Argh. That's why i've sworn off ever straightening or rebonding my hair.

Anonymous said...

hmmm... u r tempting me to search this beng out, gal. =p
been trying to find a good stylist for a long while now, but to no avail.
maybe u can post some pics of ur new do?
^_-

Bik said...

Haha... humans are predictable. Especially ppl in an insular work unit, each with ideas on what makes good style. =) But as said, hey, just know what you're about and you can carry off almost anything. Miss the other two ikan bilis.

Dawn said...

dsd: oh no! i didn't know your hair ended up in such bad shape. damn. i really regret bringing you there. u know he's such a money grabber, i brot another friend who wanted to cut her hair short n he coerced her into rebonding it too! aarghh...