Sunday, March 27, 2005

It all came out

I felt like dying just a few hours ago. I couldn't sleep from the moment I laid down to rest at midnight. At 3am, I knew I had to get out of bed to puke. It must have been the kaya toast I ate after church service last night, at this kopitiam. Argh.

I was bent over the toilet bowl for an hour, gagging. But nothing would come out! It was so frustrating. I couldn't lie down cos it felt equally terrible. Thank goodness my bro was up attempting to study, so I didn't feel so alone.

Finally decided to plonk myself in front of my house gate, NTUC plastic bag in hand. The chill of the morning soothed the nausea - well, just a little. Finally it all came out. Green, clear bile. Ewww. I threw up a total of five times, including twice in the car on the way to Changi Hospital's A&E department sometime after 4am.

I think my bro thought he was watching a football match. The first time I managed to get it out, he let out a whoop and a "all right! c'mon! go!". Sheesh. But, now thinking back, it was quite funny.

At the hospital, despite the condition I was in, I tried to cheer up the grouchy doctor, who looked like a harried, overworked slave. Goodness me. I told him that the taste of bile was indescribable. To call it awful would be an understatement.

He managed a crooked smile and uttered: "Yes". Ah, so much for trying to make conversation.

So anyways, I had to sms the worship team to say I couldn't play for the two services this morning. Well, I dared to say that cos I knew Weimin with his magic fingers would be able to handle it.

And I flopped back on my bed, totally sickened by the entire experience.

7 comments:

Dawn said...

hi esther, my bro is nice, sometimes only, if that helps. haha. i can't believe i jus detailed my entire puking thing here! too much information... oops.

Anonymous said...

Poor babe. Sayang, ok? Wah, then still got the energy to call me and ask about filing taxes...

Dawn said...

kartaly: i must clear all outstanding admin matters today mah, cos i'm off!

Anonymous said...

Off to one of your junkets again? Tomo ah?

Anonymous said...

i was having food poisoning that night too! But worse, i was in HK and couldn't find any doctor.

aberwyn said...

rest well. take care. :)

Dawn said...

hey dsd, this is so weird...i know someone else who kena too!