Did you know that shoe boutiques can reduce the size of shoes you've just bought from them? Well, Everbest at Plaza Singapura can. Apparently, they do this cos some people have right feet that are bigger/smaller than their left, so they offer this customisation service.
I bought a size 37 pair of formal shoes at the shop two days ago. When I tried them on, I was pleased to know that the leather felt extremely soft and the fit wasn't too tight. However, the next day, when I wore them again, they were too loose! Can't figure out why.
So I brought them back to the shop and the salesgirl placed a patch-like cloth thingy inside each shoe, at the front. She said each patch reduces the size of the shoe by half. After I tried the shoes on and confirmed they were the right size, she tore off the front part of the shoe lining that comes into contact with the soles of your feet. She then placed the miracle patch onto where the lining used to be, covered the patch with the lining, and glued it back in place with cobbler's glue (the yellow gooey type in a tin can).
Hence today, I wore size 36 and a half shoes to work. All thanks to the magic of Everbest!
On an unrelated subject: I have a singer friend who's been asked to write a National Day song for kids and teach them to sing it. He asked me to write the lyrics, though he hasn't given me any tune whatsoever. I don't know what I'm going to get out of this la, if the lyrics go through, but anyhows I need a theme. The only thing I can think of now is "friends". Anyone has any idea?
(I'm procrastinating by the way. Die. Need to give him after CNY!)
Thursday, February 03, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment