
Papa's house: Every Chinese New Year, when I visit my papa (husband of my former nanny), he never fails to remind me that I used to sit in this multipurpose chair when I was young. Papa is 68 this year and his wife, who's passed away, cared for me until I was four. This antique "throne" for the kids can act as a stool or leg rest too, depending on how you turn it around. Sadly, one adjoining part on its side is broken. But, papa can't bear to throw it away cos generations of kids have sat in this! First to use it was his youngest son, who's about 30 this year. Next was me, then my bro, and I think three other boys, and then papa's own grandchildren!
4 comments:
i had the exact same chair!! at my grandma's house! i grew up sitting in that chair...hehe...brings back fond memories....
-wynne
i had the exact same chair!! at my grandma's house! i grew up sitting in that chair...hehe...brings back fond memories....
-wynne
oh cool! think many others in our generation prob did too! :)
omg..i grew up with that too. ..nostalgic...it is a wonder how the older generation improvises with what they have, when they were taking care of kids.
Post a Comment