Saturday, January 01, 2005

New beginnings, or not?

Funny how it never feels like a new beginning every time the clock strikes 12 to usher in the new year. Worse still, this year, bad things have happened even before you could say: welcome 2005.

For one, the tsunamis hit. Just a few minutes ago, another quake hit off Sumatra.
At work, MAJOR happenings. Morale's really low, people feel like quitting.
Though this doesn't affect me, but Streats' closed and if you tune in to Channel i today, the screen tells you it's ceased transmission. Family-wise, MAJOR happenings too. But I can't say much.

So much for happy new year.

Here I am spending the first day of my new year waiting to attend a wedding dinner of someone I don't know too well. Spent quite some minutes deciding how much money to give, cos you know, Chinese dinners can burn a big hole in your pocket.

Sounds so depressing, yar? But, I'm going to make the best of my time this year. Well, I hope! One thing's for sure - I've understood myself a lot better over the last year. Hope to be a more objective person in 2005 and the years to come. In other words, I need to learn to be more detached about things.

May 2005 make me a better person :)

No comments: