Wednesday, January 19, 2005

Crabby wabby

Since I'm in such a bad mood, I'd might as well write about nice stuff to cheer meself up. I shall talk about last night's scrumptious seafood dinner at Jumbo at the East Coast Seafood Centre!

It was a send-off dinner for our beloved boss, who is leaving cos, let's just say cos he's being unappreciated by the company. It was a most wonderful dinner - great food, great company and great seaside ambience!!! Was so stuffed man. We ordered:

1. one huge chilli crab - the pincer was almost the size of my hand, no kidding.
2. one slightly smaller black pepper crab. YUM.
3. two plates of greens - dou miao and sambal kangkong.
4. mussels in oyster sauce
5. two plates of fried youtiao stuffed with prawn paste
6. fried baby squid, so crisp and delicious
7. lotsa of satay
8. sweet and sour fish
9. Tiger beer!
10. errm...I can't rem the rest liaos. I think that was it!

there were about 17 of us, and it was so fun! this beats all the "forced" bonding sessions we had to have in the past. Seabreeze/landbreeze was blowing, hands soaked with finger-licking-good chilli crab gravy, conversations peppered with jokes and teasing. I've never had so much fun with my unit before.

And our boss loved the scrapbook we made for him. Funny scribbles, weird pictures (muscular naked man with boss' head superimposed onto it), 8-line poems, lotsa lotsa cute photos.... Hmm....actually feel quite sad now. Such sweet memories he had with the department and now he has to move on. We'll all miss him very much.

Sob.

Wait a minute, this was supposed to be a happy entry.

1 comment:

Bik said...

Was on train with KB1 back to Jurong, and we were talking about how things are changing in the unit. Hmm... Sigh. Oh wait a minute, this was supposed to be a happy-ish comment. Well, hope boss-man will find a good way ahead.