Monday, January 31, 2005

Mish mash of thoughts

I haven't had a byline in two weeks. And that's terrible. But I should get three this week. The thing about my job is that when the supplements are not happening, I don't really get stories to do. Which means I need to get off my butt and start thinking of stories for the Recruit pages, which is what I did. At the same time, I've got like four more stories at hand that I'm juggling but that won't get published till much later, cos that's when the supplements are happening. Again, it looks like I'm very free.

Well I shouldn't be complaining, cos after all, this job allows me to relax during the weekends! I don't carry work worries home, so I thoroughly enjoy my weekends :)

Talking about weekends, I went for Jem's 23rd birthday celebration at Sculpture Garden at Waterloo Street yesterday. So funny to be amongst a whole group of guys younger than me. Jem got a special "pouch" for one of his pressies. Haha, yar a kinky pouch-like underwear, which incidentally my bro has as well. But I digress. The guys forced him to wear it over his pants. The ever amusing Jem used this huge heart-shaped flower attached to a pole (another of the weird presents) as a prop for his dragon dance, which he was forced to do while wearing the two-sizes too small pouch. The guys actually thought he could wear a size M!!!

So imagine this teddy-bear-like guy raising that heart-shaped thing, going "tong chang tong chang, tong chang chang chang" around tables in a romantically lit private area of a restaurant. The guys held a $100 note each - there were eight such notes, which were Jem's earnings from doing a wedding video - and stuffed it into the waistband of the pouch-undies as Jem danced past them. Haha. He wasn't allowed to get the money unless he did that dance.

Sporting Jem :)

1 comment:

RealLifeReading said...

hey was at sculpture square on sunday it's really quite a nice place although i was later appalled by the life! review - which hyped it up way better than the food turned out to be.