Of course, I say "damn" with affection. And I really can't help it.
I visit Sher's blog and I smile when I read about her adventures with her children in aussieland.
I watch lil' Ethan clamouring for his mother's attention, and I shake my head in amusement. (Imagine a footballer faking injury on the soccer pitch - yes, that's Ethan all right.)
I listen as Ethan mummy, seated on the steps at Boat Quay with me and L while Ethan goes on a rampage, saying: "Seriously, you guys should cherish your singlehood when you can." And I try to nod inside.
I listen to the heartaches of my youths' parents and I go: "Oh man, what a difficult job it is to parent!"
I think about how he freaked out (and decided to look elsewhere) when he had to entertain the thought of having kids, and I think...
How did I take so long to realise how much I want kids? Despite the risks, somehow, I still want them.
Oh gosh...I finally feel it in my bones - I'm getting old.
Thursday, June 14, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
i didn't want them till i had them!!
hahhaha........ it's always good to be late than "never" :)
The most important thing is to have them with the right man... you and the kids deserve the best!
Hey dear, I just re-discovered your blog recently. Sorry to hear that things haven't been smooth for you. Please take care of yourself.
And I agree with kartaly: it's the right person that matters.
Be gentle on yourself alright?
sher: yeah, that i know! haha
belle and kartaly: u gals are right :)
aime dear! we're connected again! u still hv my email address? can u email me? let's talk more...
I've just e-mailed you at your ol' addy - hope it gets through.
We must catch up!
DAWN!
If I understand your blog correctly, you have made the right and a good decision.
We are behind you!
Post a Comment