So many things happened over the weekend. And now I'm nursing a sore throat. The kind that precedes flu. The only thing good about it is that I now sound very husky and sexy. Haha.
I went for a three-day drum facilitation class conducted by Arthur Hull from the US. I spent three whole days drumming and playing percussions, so much so that now the rhythms are still in my head. The idea of the workshop is not to learn to play percussive instruments and drums, but to learn how to use it to build communities. My organisation sent me - last minute - to learn to use it as a tool to engage the youths I work with in a more creative way. Although it was fun, but I seriously don't know how ready I am to facilitate a drum circle.
What is a drum circle? Err...in short, everybody sits in a circle playing something, locking in to the same pulse. A facilitator goes into the middle of the circle and facilitates by making us play a different "song" each time. Something like that. I don't know how else to explain it. At the end of the three-day workshop, we headed to East Coast Park to carry out a two-hour drum circle, by inviting the public to play with us, any time they wanted to.
After East Coast Park, I joined my colleagues for a recce of the night trek route for our youths. They started earlier from Clementi Woods, while I joined them from Kent Ridge Park onwards. We trudged ALL THE WAY to Mount Faber. We walked like 5 hours??? Can die. But it was fun :) Cos the company was great!
I just need to get well now.
Monday, November 06, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment