Friday, November 10, 2006

Mayday Mayday here I come

About one month back, I was a disgruntled Mayday fan. The band was going to hold a concert together with Pin Guan and Bobby Chen, and the tickets were not for sale!!! You had to collect either 28 ABC Stout crowners or 56 ring tabs in order to exchange them for a pair of tickets. Crazy or what??? Mayday fans are people who don't drink stout!!!

I tried my luck, still.

FY's hubby operates a food court, and I asked him (through FY) for help. But according to him, the ah peks who drink the stout keep the tabs and crowners.

So, I decided to approach the kopi auntie at the coffee shop downstairs. She replied: "We also want to collect leh, they say can exchange for CD and many things."

Fine. I gave up. No way was I going to force people (well, only one person, and that is leo) to down gallons of stout just to get my tickets. I was going to boycott the concert! Hmph.

But then...

A miracle happened! Yesterday!

My colleague got a pair of free tix for me through her friend who works at a beer company. YAY!!!!!!

Mayday Mayday here I come!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oh my....wanling will be so upset..hahaha...
~oinks