I'm threatened by group size - when I don't know the people well.
A perfect example would be what happened just a few hours back. I did plan on watching the England-Ecuador match somewhere in Clarke Quay with leo. Then when I heard his colleagues were going to be there, I just chickened out.
I canst nots. I canst nots face a whole bunch of strangers. Well, I know one of them by name, but that's not enough to rid me of this fear. Sometimes, when I'm stuck in situations like these, I just want to take flight. Pretend I have to return the car, oh no, wait a minute, I have a terrible stomachache. Anything, to worm out of the situation. But, usually, I suppress the urge to do something stupid.
The solution? Stay home, test out cable channel 39 (RTM channel) to see if the match is being telecast (no it's not), and just be happy being alone. :)
Monday, June 26, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Don't worry, you're not alone in feeling like that. I'm like that too! Am horrible at this socialising thing.
me too. even with tx around, i still don't like being with pp i don't know if we are in the minority. like for the first couple of mths when we started to attend vfc church, think we really felt like fish out of water. everytime after service just wanna zao instead of staying back to mingle. :) you are not alone!!!
ps are u gg to kopiexpress2000 this fri??? did u see my email?
dsd: yeah! non-socialisers UNITE!
ah wing: this fri...haven't decided leh...might though :)
Post a Comment