First: Leo is a very good boyfriend to me.
For all the somewhat "sombre" things I reveal about our relationship from time to time, I really enjoy our relationship. After all, what is a relationship without its downs? So hor, as a form of appreciation to leo, I hereby proclaim that he gave me an ipod nano a few days before Valentine's Day.At first I asked him: "Wah! Valentine's Day present ah?"
And he said: "Wah...can only give present on Valentine's Day meh???"
Awww....this kind of boyfriend where to get??? Hahahaha. And I'm just being the bad girlfriend I've always been. I don't care for gifts, you see. Quality time is the best gift to me :) So hor, I haven't touched the ipod nano yet!!! So terrible!!! But, I will. Today.
Yes yes, so he's good. And I'm bad. :p
###
Second: I had a wonderful Japanese dinner with dsd and olduvai
This entry is very very belated. But the dinner is worth remembering. Yum.
###
Third: I met this wonderful popo (ie grandma) at a wake last night.
She's 85 years old, but oh so strong and alert. And she's the sweetest thing. It was her husband's wake I was attending (He was 95 when he died). She and her late husband are the grandparents of my chuch cell group leaders. She reminded me of those sweet old ladies you find attending Sunday church service faithfully all their lives.
Like all old people do, she was telling story after story about her past, which had leo and my other friends listening attentively. I don't know why, but my attention span wasn't at its best last night, and I got a bit tired listening. But there was one thing about popo that amazed me. It was her faith in God. She said she still returns to her homeland China to preach the gospel. And she would pepper her stories with Bible verses.
I cannot lor. I don't know how to have so much faith after all that has happened for me. I remember feeling a jolt of something as I stood in front of the lift at Singapore Casket last night, thinking to myself how this place has changed. The stairwell is no longer musty and the old sunken sofa in the stairwell has disappeared. Instead, a fresh coat of paint and panelling have replaced the old. The smell of stale cigarette smoke has gone too.
There is even now an LCD screen with the names of the dead, not like in the past when they were just letters on a panel on the wall. The whole place looks new, fresh and vibrant. I remember thinking to myself, seems like one thing is still familiar: the lift still takes that long a time to travel. I guess some things never change huh?
However, if there's one thing precious I took home last night, it was what Popo said about her late husband lying in the coffin:
She said in Mandarin, with a peaceful smile: "I'm not sad, so I don't cry. Because I know my husband is sleeping. (At this point, she puts both palms together and leans her head on them, to show the sleeping gesture.) Instead, I am happy for him because he is in heaven, a better place."
2 comments:
iPod Nano!!!
I'm in love with mine. I rarely leave my house without it. It is my faithful companion on the MRT, it stores my Hillsong music collection plus all my other worship tracks, so I blast them when I'm taking the train to work to figure out the chords/keys/instrumentation.
Have you gotten a casing and screen protector for yours yet? Better do before you scratch it!
yeah me bf got a casing. but i got no screen protector yet leh...
Post a Comment