Kartaly started her own Johari Window, and I've started one too. Coincidentally, I also learnt about the Johari Window in class. It's sort of like a table with four sections:
1. What you know about yourself that others know as well (Arena)
2. What you know about yourself that others don't (Facade or Private Self)
3. What others know about you that you don't (Blind Spot)
4. What you don't know about yourself that others don't as well (Unknown)
My lecturer says that to be effective social workers, we should try to reduce our private self. That is, to make more of what we're trying to hide, known to others around us. In a way, "reduce your baggage". It was in fact during this lesson that touched on the Johari Window that got me thinking about my "emotional baggage".
Sounds confusing? Have a look at my Johari Window then. If you know me, feel free to add your adjectives.
I can make checks on my updated Johari Window as and when I like too! Start your own if you're interested :)
Sunday, February 19, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I'm a bit sceptical about this particular version of the Johari window, mainly because it lists mostly 'positive' qualities. What about all the 'negative' traits, the ones that we know so well about ourselves and yet few people know about?
heh heh aime, there's a nohari window apparently. it's a list of all your negative traits. but i don't like to point out pple's negative traits lah. so i neber mention it. u can check it out if you like! heh
Oh man, I just checked it out... It's way too harsh! haha...
Post a Comment