Tuesday, February 14, 2006

He saw a manta

Yes today is V-Day. And many people have been asking me what hot date I have tonight. I have no hot date lor. My hot date is diving in Thailand lor. And, after almost one week of no contact (because he's on a live aboard trip ie he's living at sea so there's no telephone reception), I finally get a call from him during my class two hours ago.

Yay!!! So happy!!! So I run out of class to answer the phone.

Even though the first thing he tells me is he saw a manta ray on his last dive, I am still happy he called. I guess that's what you call missing someone huh? Anyways, for him, I think after this manta ray sighting, once he sees his darling whale shark, he can die in peace already lor.

In our four years together, we've only celebrated V-day once during our first year together. That was some grand beach affair with portable bbq pit, chicken and satay stuffed into a big sports bag to surprise me with, topped off with a lovely tiramisu cake in a heart-shaped tin. But I think I scared him off with my very pragmatic response: why you put in so much effort? Since then, I've learnt to appreciate the romantic gestures because the boyfriend appears to have, well, taken my advice rather literally.

And today, I actually do miss having him around! Dammit.

We usually spend V-day watching tv or doing something really mundane, because really, everyday can be V-day if you want it to be one!!!

Ok, the toughie that I make myself out to be is crumbling. I do miss the boyfriend. Happy V-Day to me.

I hate mantas.

And whale sharks.

Bleah.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

he's back liao dun make so much noise