Sunday, September 04, 2005

three things you (sorta) never knew about me


Since olduvai has tagged me, here goes.
List three random facts about yourself that your friends might not know. And then tag five other friends to do it.

Fact #1. I took Higher Chinese in secondary school! When I was in sec 3, I was selected by my Chinese teacher to take part in a lang3 song4 (do you call it prose recitation?) competition. Was part of a group of five girls and we competed against powerhouses like Dunman High ok! Don't pray pray! But, of course, I was the most ang mor of all of them, and Chinese the worst lah.

Fact #2. I've never kept my hair beyond shoulder length and the last time it was that long, I was in kindergarten. Ever since then, it was been short short short all the way. And going for haircuts (see picture of my expert stylist Aaron at work) has been a monthly affair ever since. My late aunt (who took up hairdressing as a hobby) used to make me her guinea pig when I was in primary school. So I ended up with weird assymetrical cuts, sometimes!

Fact #3. When I was between the ages of 19 and 21 (I remember the period cos I was with my ex-bf then), I took part in a Chinese singing competition at Mu Chuan. In English, it's called The Ark Lounge. There were three rounds (I think) to clear before qualifying for the semis (or was it the finals?). I cleared only the first. Tough lah, there was this really experienced guy taking part who I think dances and sings semi-professionally, and cute too. How to compete??? NOT FAIR!!! Oh, and I remember having a tiff with my ex just before I went onto stage. Irrelevant, but these things suddenly pop into your mind when you start recalling stuff...

:)

Ok now I tag...
cocoatina
ah beng
belle
moon
wynne
aime
(and bro, if you can be bothered)

that's more than five pple, but nvm lah :)

No comments: