Saturday, September 10, 2005

The men don't geddit

I WANT TO COMPLAIN.

Why must girls get PMS, seriously??? Here I have a friend telling me she's had a bawling session cos of PMS. (anyways, thanks aime for the calcium recommendation.) And a few weeks back, another friend was msn-ing me saying PMS was preventing her from enjoying her Beijing trip.

I mean, it's unfair right??? Not like it's very convenient having the THING itself. In addition to it, we must experience extreme and unexplainable mood swings, splitting headaches, cramps, fatigue...and the list goes on.

SICK.

The worse thing is as you grow older (well in my case that's how it is), the symptoms seem to get worse. I've never experienced PMS until six months ago. And when it hits, my moods just take a life of their own. No, they fight to control me.

The men just don't geddit. Leo says I have to control them, but really, how do you control something that doesn't listen?

Two days ago, when the THING hit, I suddenly felt so tired, couldn't keep my eyes open, couldn't concentrate on doing work. Affected my productivity!

SICK.

PLUS, it gave me such a terrible headache I couldn't sleep. Had to pop two painkillers.

Aiya, actually I shouldn't be complaining cos I know others have it worse. The most amusing thing is when people say the solution to PMS is to...is to... have a baby!!!

Eh, a bit costly right?

A lifetime of sacrifice for that bit (comparatively) of pain relief.

Pui!!!! I HATE PMS!!!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

the men just have to put up with it!!! it's something we REALLY cannot control...and u never realise it's pms until the crimson tide washes ashore, then u look back and think, man no wonder i was so cranky. it's not like we can help it! dun worry woman, LEO, just like all other MEN, will just have to learn to take note of that particular time of the month, and either be fully prepared to comfort, cuddle and reassure you... or steer CLEAR! =)
-oinks

Anonymous said...

oops and in case the abovementioned LEO is reading this, erm no offense...and it's nothing personal...it's just MEN in general =) hehe. be nice to my friend okay. - oinks

alixana said...

but really, how do you control something that doesn't listen?

Yeah lor. How to control? The only thing that I find works in alleviating symptoms is the calcium thing, and some people say that getting plenty of exercise helps (produces endorphins, aka 'happy chemicals').

But the headaches! The fatigue! Argh. There was a time when life was so miserable because PMS took up like, half the month or even more. We joked that 'P' in PMS wasn't 'pre' - it was 'perpetual'.

*sayang sayang*

Dawn said...

oinks: hahaha! he's nice lah. hmm...ok sometimes :) anyways i've tried to "control" it by being aware of it. actually it helps abit, by making you take deliberate effort not to shoot your mouth off. but eh, of cos, still shoot my mouth off lah :) jus less often!

aime: oh man! half a month!??? how you live???

Anonymous said...

I was just wondering - is PMS something that happens to women from our generation? Or were our mothers or grandmothers equally afflicted?

Not intending to play down the horridness of PMS - but is it a symptom of an affluent generation? I never remember my mum talking about such a thing. Somehow, I think that when you're busy struggling just to make ends meet, you really don't pay so much attention to things like "PMS".

Dawn said...

kartaly: hmm...u may hv a point. my mum doesn't understand why i have it cos she has never experienced it. then again...she's usually in a fierce mood :) hahah

alixana said...

Have to live lor... no choice :p During those days, mainly just stayed home whenever possible, hide under the covers, not talk to anyone, take lots of panadol or anything that promises relief from the physical pain. The fatigue, though, was something to endure (or to sleep through). Nothing really helped with that...

Nowadays I take flaxseed oil. It's supposed to be good for the heart as well, so win-win lor. And I'm starting to realize that the Eu Yan Sang 'Bai Feng Wan' is actually pretty helpful!

Feeling better?