Still
Hide me now under your wings
Cover me within your mighty hand
When the oceans rise and thunders roar
I will soar with you above the storm
Father you are king over the flood
I will be still and know you are God
Find rest my soul in Christ alone
Know his pow'r in quietness and trust
I want to learn to praise God above all that's happened. It's been a long time since I picked up my guitar to play this song. Fingers hurt, with the callousness on the skin long gone. I want to be still and know You are God.
Sunday, June 19, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
it amazes me how God speaks through people or words....in ways that are unthinkable. u know i've been listening to this song many times over the past 8 months or so, ever since i first sung it in church. it became one of my favourite songs and i always play the mp3 at work and sing to it. last friday the worship leader started to sing this song during worship, and normally i just sing it with a lot of joy because i love the song. but at that particular moment, i opened my mouth but the words just could not come out. instead, i started to cry and cry, something i haven't done in a really really long time at worship. the tears just kept falling and they would not stop. i don't really know why but all i knew was that God was speaking to me through the Holy Spirit.... know His power, in quietness and trust. I think I've been holding on to all the bits and pieces of my life within my grasp so tightly, trying to make everything work. but He was telling me, just let it go, and trust ME. and in quietness and trust, we will know the full power and grace of God.
hope the big day goes well for you girl, and know that His plans for us are always good and wonderful when we trust Him! :)
- wynne
hey gal, thanks for your post. you know, yesterday, i was playing this song over and over again and i couldn't stop crying too. i'm carrying quite a heavy burden for someone close and i don't really know how to let it go. like what you said, God is saying to let it go, and trust in Him. it's really hard to let it go, but i have to. and i'm still learning. let's learn to trust him together :)
Post a Comment