Was at Singapore's oldest plant nursery (opened in 1911) on Friday to interview a landscape project manager. And I spent more time there than I was supposed to, well, cos I was checking out its suitability as a place to hold a wedding!
Not that I'm in any urgent need to get married, but I couldn't help thinking what a pretty outdoor location it was to say I do. Only problem was its ulu-ness - it is somewhere near the Sungei Buloh Wetland Reserve. You have to drive cross the Kranji Dam to get to it, and in my whole life, I have only crossed the dam once.
The nursery offers its gardens for outdoor weddings, and even has a wedding consultant (a very famous one, styles for publications and big events) who offers the most beautiful table settings.
Such a refreshing change from the usual four-star hotel. I'm sure there're more interesting places in Singapore to hold a wedding?
Sunday, June 26, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Yes, I think it will be a lovely place to be married at, and no, I don't think it's too far! It's worth it, for a wedding that is not moulded in the Singapore template.
I'll be thrilled to attend the nuptials of dawnie and leo at the nursery.
kartaly: sob! so touched! *dabs eyes* :)
yes yes, have your wedding there. Nowhere's too far in Singapore lah! Words like "wulu" and "rural" should be banned in any description of Singapore!
Post a Comment